Sunday, October 4, 2009

To October 3: First Week's Running

It felt like a good, informal, first week. For the first time in several months, I completed more than a couple of runs in the week. I managed to run to and from work three times during the weekdays - easy-enough runs of roughly 3 miles each way. I used the backpack to carry my work clothes - making the runs a bit more challenging. Slowly but surely, though, I got used to running with the pack. (Interesting, though, my running style is quite obviously different with the pack, with a greater stress on the quads.)

On Saturday, I completed a fairly long run of ~13 miles through the Presidio and over the Golden Gate Bridge. It felt relatively comfortable - again, I credit some of this to the recent Bikram yoga sessions. I feel generally stronger, and my breathing seems better, even while under stress. A final run on Sunday morning rounded it off, adding up to ~35 miles for the week, more than I have run at any time since before the Boston Marathon. Encouraging - hopefully, I can maintain it in the coming week.

Another declaration of my seriousness about the MdeS - I have finally completed and submitted my formal application. The wheels are now in motion -- let's see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment