Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nov 10: Gaining Confidence


I'm running more, and gaining confidence (and strength, I think.) I completed the run from home (Hayes & Central in SF) all the way to Stinson Beach via the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito, Mill Valley and the Dipsea Trail, with only a few limited stops. Very happy with it -- fairly comfortably ran 22+ miles (though, to be completely honest, the punishing inclines in the Dipsea Trail were torturous.)

At this point, I'm not at all sure I will follow through on the commitment to do the Marathon des Sables (presuming that the opportunity actually comes up.) However, I am becoming a lot more eager to test myself on some ultra trail runs. As I said, I have already added myself to a waitlist for the North Farce Endurance Challenge 50k race on December 5th. Not sure if that's going to work out. But, failing that, I am considering the Coastal Trail Runs trail marathon the following week. This should be a similar type of race (albeit not with as much associated coolness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment