Sunday, September 27, 2009

First Preparation Run

I've taken a first baby step - a seven-mile run to the Presidio and back. A very small step, but on a warm San Francisco day, I felt very comfortable (despite not having done any real running for some time.) I credit it to my experiment with Bikram Yoga in the past couple of weeks. I really feel that, in a short space of time, my breathing has improved, and my core is strengthened, and it has made my running easier. (Still - baby steps. Let's see how the next few runs go.)

More preparation: I have purchased my first "running" backpack (a pack dedicated to trail running. Apparently, it sits tight on the back, no jiggling, and no sweat on the back. We shall see...)

So, next week, the plan is to do some slightly more ambitious runs, to/from work, using said back-pack. A good test...

No comments:

Post a Comment